March 4, 2012
Like I said, Christmas was SO MUCH FUN with a kid! Last year I basically did my shopping after the 22nd of December. I know what you're thinking, "Is this lady nuts?" I learned my lesson, and I told Jake, "Never again!" I kept asking him to go this year, but he was just so busy with finals. So we made a deal, "You watch M, and I'll go shopping." He was good with that. It worked out okay. I thoroughly enjoyed looking at all of the toys trying to decide which ones the little guy would enjoy. LOVED IT!
We stayed the night with my parents. It was a weird Christmas Eve compared to what we usually do. Tat and Rob slept at their new home this year, Tyson and Sarah split their time with the families Christmas Eve, and Mackenzie had to work Christmas morning. So we had 2 round of presents with Nana and Papa. One Christmas Eve, and one Christmas morning. Christmas morning we had to hurry and open presents in order to make it on time to church with Jake's parents. It was nice to be with them, and then we had a dinner after church. We had a great time being with family. We were blessed that Santa found us. :)
About a week later, Tyson and Sarah were married. They had their luncheon Friday night at the church, and then their wedding and reception the following Saturday. Everything was so nice. USU catered their dinner, and it was so yummy! Everything looked so classy. The ceremony was wonderful. It was great to be in the Temple with everyone! M did pretty well. He looked so handsome. It was a very long day for him though, so he was ready to be done towards the end. He was a trooper!
In January, he turned ONE! Jake and I have a hard time believing we have a one-year-old. He is such a joy to have in our life! We just had a little party for him at our apartment. We were super crowded, but it was fun! His birthday guests were my family, Jake's parents, Ryan's family, and my grandparents. We had a raspberry/vanilla type cake, and chocolate cupcakes.
Last week, my students put on a shortened play of Anne Frank. We had read the actual play in class, so this was their final project on the unit. They performed in the auditorium. I invited any classes that wanted to come see. We had a good turnout, and the kids LOVED performing in front of an audience. My students had so much fun, even I was surprised. They are begging me to let them do another play this spring. I was tickled with how well they did. I was so proud of them! They are such good kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment