Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happy Back to School Day!

August 28, 2012

Jake headed back to school for classes today. We enjoyed the break, but are excited for him to get started. This is his last semester before he GRADUATES! Are we excited?! Come on people, need I answer that question?

Love this boy.



I, on the other hand, did not go back to school. It hadn't really hit me all summer that I was done teaching, because it just felt like summer break. Today was a different story though with everyone else going back. All day I kept thinking about what hour I would be in, and what first day activities I would be doing with my students. I thought about what new outfit I would be wearing. If that wasn't enough, I drove past the school three times to see if I could see anything going on--kids out on the field for P.E., kids at lunch, and who knows what else; I just wanted to see what was going on! I feel like I am being left behind, like a little kid who has to go to bed when his older siblings get to stay up late and watch TV.  I feel like a "super senior" who can't move on with life...

P.A.T.H.E.T.I.C. I know. Get a grip. It's not that bad. 

Now, even though I am homesick for school, if I was given the chance to be back in school I would turn it down in a heartbeat. As much as I love school, I LOVE to be home with M. It was so nice to just drive by the school knowing that I didn't have to be there all day without the little guy. Being home with M has its mundane moments, but mostly there are a lot of fun moments where he melts my heart and I can't get enough of him! I am learning that to everything there is a time and a season. Right now, for our family, it is my time to be home. One day I'll head back to school, but until then, I am going to enjoy this time being home. Once next week rolls around, I think I won't feel too bad I'm not at school. I know once I head back, I will miss these days. 

Love this boy, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment