April 13, 2010
This week I began a long term substitute job for an English teacher at a
nearby high school. I have two classes of 10th graders, and two classes
of 12th graders. I won't lie, I was a little freaked out. I did my
student teaching in the fall, but this time I am going solo. No
supervising teacher, no coordinating teacher--just me! Today was my
second day, and I would be lying if I said I didn't love it! It is a lot
of work, but it is so much fun!
Do you remember the first time you
got to drive alone, unsupervised? It feels really cool but really weird
at the same time. You wait so long for the day to come, and then it
comes, and you are loving it and shocked by it all at the same time?
That is how it has felt as I sit, ALONE, in the classroom and grade
papers and plan lessons. Finally, all of my years of learning and
preparing how to be a teacher are being put into practice. Yesterday was
a reality check when I had to write my very own syllabus! It was a
learning, and at times, weird experience!
I simply love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment