Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Crafting It Up!

February 7, 2013

Now that we have moved, I really don't know anyone around us to go and do things with. Yet. Because of this, I find it very easy to stay home and clean all day. This doesn't bother me too much, but I have found it drives the little guy crazy...which I can understand. So in an effort to make things more exciting, I have set a goal to do more activities that are fun and entertaining to him. One of those activities is doing art/craft projects with him. Lucky for me, there is this thing called Pinterest. Ever heard of it? If not, no worries. You are probably more productive than the rest of us. I am in awe of all the incredible resources online with creative projects for little kids.

This week we made a toilet paper roll necklace and Valentine's Day cards for the cousins. M wasn't quite sure what to do, but he got a kick out of playing with the art supplies. I had to really help him along, but I think he will get better as we do more projects. We both had quite a good time making them! I was reminded of how fun scissors, glue, and crayons can be.

Here he is showing off his "cool necklace," as he likes to call it. Unfortunately, I found it in the garbage yesterday. I'm not sure how it got there. However, M has become fond of putting things in the trash, so it possibly could have been him... Sorry little man. I couldn't bring myself to dig it out for you. We will make another one.



Here are the cards we made for the cousins. He loved the sparkled hearts!




I am really enjoying making crafts with him. At first I was a little hesitant because crafts are not a strong point for me, but there are really a lot of great tips online. My absolute favorite resource I have found is this blog:  No Time For Flash Cards. There are endless projects and activities that are brilliant, yet so simple. Most of the materials for the projects can be found at home or at a dollar store. CHECK IT OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment