Thursday, April 11, 2013

Huge, red pancakes!

Shortly after M woke up this morning, I told him I was going to make pancakes for breakfast. The kid loves him a good pancake, so as I expected, he got a big smile on his face after hearing the news.

A few days ago, we read a book about different sizes objects can be. The book discussed words like tiny, small, big, bigger, etc. Well, a minute or two after I told him we were going to have pancakes, he said, "I want a huge pancake!"

In my head I was thinking, "Huh, I have never heard him use that word (huge). He must have picked it up from the book we read the other day. What a little smarty." Happily I replied, "Alright, I'll make you a HUGE pancake!"

So we started making the pancake batter. Out of the blue he said, "I want a huge, red pancake!"

Back to my head, "Hmm. OK. I don't know where he got this idea for a red pancake... Maybe it was from our green pancakes on St. Patrick's Day? I suppose we can make red pancakes..."

"Sure bud," I said as I grabbed the food coloring. "We can make huge, red pancakes!"

So we did. And it was fun. And they turned out more pink than red, but that was okay.


The picture doesn't do justice to show how happy he was to be eating the "red" pancakes. He finished both pancakes, along with two cups of milk. Hungry boy.

Love you, buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment