Thankfully, I was able to think of that quote when this little gem of an experience happened today:
(Disclaimer: This post talks of and has a picture of poop. Read on at your own risk.)
Scenario: M had been in his room for about 30 minutes. He was having some quiet time. He was, or so I thought, quietly playing. I was enjoying some quiet time of my own. I was sitting on a chair when M came out of his room...
Me: Hi sweetie, what's going on?
M, as he walks up behind the chair and leans on the arm rest to my side: Nothing.
Me, as I put my hand on his back and notice his bum is bare...no diaper: "Where is your diaper?"
M, calmly: It spilled.
Me: ...it spilled?!
I quickly pulled him away from the chair and realized he had "smears" on his bum. I walked him into his room and this is what I saw:
That was the end of our quiet time today. I think I handled the situation quite calmly and composed.
No comments:
Post a Comment