Here are some things I have been learning (or am still working on learning) lately...
1. I am really trying to love myself for who I am, and not what the world
expects me to be. Many times I am too hard on myself. I am learning to
be more positive in my thoughts towards myself.
2. Through the Spirit, the Lord is mindful to make us aware of our weaknesses. As hard as it can be, it is a blessing to realize you need help with something, and that through the Lord, He can turn a weakness into a strength.
3. As important as it is to have a clean home, it is even more important to make time for my family and friends. Dishes and laundry can wait, relationships and people will not.
4. I am being reminded of the strength date night can have in a marriage. Something about doing things, as a couple, brings power and an added measure of sweetness to the relationship. (And boy oh boy, it takes a lot of WORK to make date night happen with a kid(s)...)
5. It is important to have good friends as a mother that will uplift and inspire you.
6. My perspective of prayer is completely changing thanks to a stellar book I found for a dollar at the D.I., How to Pray and Stay Awake. As we are more specific in our prayers, the Lord will be more specific in His answers.
7. I tend to get nervous when talking with people whom I really admire. I
need to find ways to improve in this area. I suppose, I can see #2 of my
list.
8. Hydrogen peroxide and baking soda will get pee spots out of a mattress...
9. We truly are characters of habit. Most always our thoughts and opinions stem from the habits and lifestyles we knew as children. Before jumping to conclusions, try and understand where a person is coming from. It is healthy to analyze and readjust our own "character of habit" persona. In no way does this mean to lower your standards; it simply means that usually there is more than one right way of thinking. Does this even make sense?...
10. Good families don't just "happen." It takes an incredible amount of hard work, sacrifice, and dedication to raise good kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment