None of us had green church clothes, so we didn't wear green to church. Luckily we have a great ward and no one pinched us! When we got home from church, M did a little scavenger hunt that took him to his "pot of gold." The hunt was pretty basic, and like I said, simple. He kind of got what was going on, but kind of didn't. I think next year I'll try the hunt again and I think he'll understand it more. However, he was thrilled when the last clue brought him to the table to find his goodies. He got Rolos (the gold coins), Skittles (the rainbow), and a Sesame Street toothbrush (Sorry, this one has nothing to do with St. Patty's Day. He has just been needing a new toothbrush).
Dad and M at the start of the hunt.
Working on finding clues. See how I drew where he could find the next clue? A wee bit tacky, but it worked. Come on, I said I was going to keep it simple... :)
Once at the table, we had green pancakes, with green syrup, and green juice. It was fun, and I am glad we kept it simple. This is a picture of M drinking the green juice, aka Sprite dyed with food coloring. See the lovely green pancakes?
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment