Sunday, April 28, 2013

Some thoughts on our ward...

We have been in our ward for about four months now. This has given us time to meet a good amount of people, and from all of our interactions thus far, I can tell there is something special about this group of people. Each and every person we meet is so kind and loving. And not just the "Oh, hi, nice to meet you," kind and loving, but welcome you into their home and accept you as their friend kind of loving.

The youth in our ward are outstanding. Three young men spoke today who are getting ready for their missions, and wow, AMAZING! Jake and I cannot believe how spiritually mature and prepared they are. These boys are nothing short of power-houses in their testimonies of the Gospel and of our Savior. It is clear to us that these boys have been taught the Gospel in their homes from an early age.

We have had the privilege to be in some of the homes of these people, and it is just incredible to see how they accomplish the goal of "love at home." They are truly a Christ-like people. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if they were translated any day now.

I am loving it. These people remind me of the ward I grew up in. Everyone was so willing to serve, and I see that here. I think I realize it even more so now that I am an adult, and not just a kid showing up each week to be taught. As I have gotten older, I am beginning to see all of the work that must happen in order to create these kinds of feelings in a ward.

Tonight we went on a little drive through our neighborhood and took cookies to some of the ladies I visit teach. I couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude for the blessing it is to be in this little town we get to call home for a short while. We feel so blessed to be able to associate with people and families of such high caliber. Already, our lives have been altered for the better because of the examples we have seen the last four months.

The church is true, no matter where you are, or what ward you are in. Jake and I have learned valuable lessons from each ward we have been in. Tonight I am just feeling thankful for the ward we are lucky to be a part of right now at this time in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment