This year was the first year we had not been with our family on Easter. We missed being with them, but it was still a wonderful day!
M woke up to Jake and I telling him that the Easter Bunny had come, and that he needed to find his basket. Not quite sure what in the world we were talking about, he eventually started looking with some coaching by Jake and I. It didn't take him long to get excited though, and soon enough he found his basket in a cupboard. He was ecstatic when he found it. I mean, what kid doesn't love waking up to his parents giving him candy?
He got some blue Peeps, Skittles, and Cadbury eggs.
I asked him what kind of candy he wanted to try, and he reached straight for the Cadbury eggs. I was so pleased. He is a boy after my own heart. I LOVE those things! I limit myself to one bag a season, because I seriously down the entire thing in two days. I could do it in one, but I ration myself...somewhat. Technically I broke my limit though, because the bag you see below was the second I have bought this year. And lets be honest, I ate the majority of that bag as well.
We were able to go to church. It was such a beautiful meeting. I love that we celebrate Easter on Sunday so we can learn more of Christ on that special day.
After church, we went upstairs to have dinner with our neighbors. They are just the neatest family. They had an Easter basket for M and their granddaughter, A. The two have a great little friendship together! M runs around wildly with excitement every time he sees her. However, when she tries to get close, he gets weirded out, as you can see by the picture!
They had an Easter egg hunt for the two little ones, and then they had an adult Easter egg hunt for all of their kids. They were so kind to invite Jake and I to participate. For the adult hunt, their Mom puts money in eggs and hides them. Like, hard core hides them. Like hides them so well that she has to write down exactly where she hides all 100+ eggs. It was a hoot to see all of the adult kids running around frantically looking for eggs. It is a great tradition, one we think would be fun to do one day in our own family! Here is M helping Jake and I look for eggs.
After the egg hunts, we had a delicious turkey dinner.
It was a beautiful day. We were blessed to have spent it with wonderful friends.
How thankful I am for the joyous words, "He is Risen." Because of these words, we know that He lives today. And because He lives, we too will live again. This life is not the end. What peace and comfort that brings to my soul!
No comments:
Post a Comment