Monday, May 6, 2013

Tidbits from Women's Conference 2013

Last week I had the chance to attend Women's Conference at the campus of BYU. I was lucky enough to go with my Mom, sisters, and my cousin (which we were so happy to have her...she is awesome!). This was the first time any of us had gone, and we loved it! By the end of the day, we had decided to make the conference an annual tradition. If you want to be uplifted and inspired, this is a great conference to attend.

Photo: BYU Women's Conference with some of my favorite people!! Great day!

I just want to share a few insights and things I learned at the conference, so here goes...

* In order to experience the peace that "passes all understanding," we need to know and learn of the source that it comes from--our Savior and His Gospel.

*We show our love and devotion to God through our choices and actions.

* The only things that really MATTER in life our are family, relationships, and our relationship with God.

* We will be judged as we judge others, so HEAP on the MERCY!

* Often times, as we develop our talents, we make it easier for God to help us.

* In marriage, we have to intentionally, purposefully work at strengthening our marriage. Otherwise, we will drift apart.

* Always speak kindly of Jake, which I always strive to do. But also, teach our children to speak highly of their spouses when the time comes for them to be married. Children need to see positive examples of a marriage relationship.

* Men can be taught romance. Not by criticism, but by giving them a vision of it time, and time, and time again.

* God protects His righteous saints from feelings of discouragement through prayer and keeping the commandments.

* I was reassured of the Prophet Joseph Smith's declaration that, "Happiness is the object and design of our existence; and will be the end thereof, if we pursue the path that leads to it.” God loves each and every one of us so much. Despite heartache and trials, He truly desires us to be HAPPY. With His help, we can be. We just need to do our part and "...pursue the path that leads to it." 


It was a beautiful conference. I was touched by the power women have to influence the world for the better. If you would like to learn more about the messages of the conference, read here. It will change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment