Wednesday, May 22, 2013

God Bless Oklahoma

My heart and prayers go out to the people of Oklahoma affected by the tornadoes this week. I can't wrap my mind around what it must be like for them as their lives have changed instantly.

TODAY

I was watching some news coverage on the tornadoes yesterday, and it showed an interview with a reporter and one of the teachers from Plaza Elementary, the school that was hit the worst. The reporter asked the teacher exactly what happened as the tornado was coming. The teacher explained that she sent the kids to the bathroom for safety and said she would stay out in the hall. She was told she needed to get in the bathroom with her kids. She did so, placing the kids underneath her.

She said the kids were crying. One of her students said, "I love you, Ms. Crosswhite. I don't want to die with you today."

In response to the student, she firmly said, "Everything is going to be okay. We are not going to die today!"

She then said, "I did the teacher thing to do, that we're probably not supposed to do, and I prayed. And I prayed out loud." 

The reporter asked her, "What did you say?"

"I said, God, please don't take these children today."

***

Bless all of the teachers in the world; especially all of the Ms. Crosswhites, who pray for and protect his/her students. May we all remember to show more gratitude and support for our teachers, and may we all remember it should be in God we trust.

God bless you, Oklahoma.

Clip of Ms. Crosswhite 

No comments:

Post a Comment