Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!

We had just a simple, yet so nice, Mom's Day this year. Saturday night, Jake took me to Tucano's. We ate way too much, and it was so yummy. It is always a good time with him. We were home last weekend, so we thought we better stay put this weekend. Early Sunday morning, though, we decided to go home and see our family.

First stop, we surprised Larry and Deanne by showing up to go to church with them. After church they were going to a dinner, but it was nice to spend a few hours with them at church. M is always happy to see them!

Next we went to a bbq at Grandma and Grandpa Pete's house. It was so nice to see all of the family there! We also surprised my parents by being there. They had no clue we were coming! M was thrilled to see everyone, especially the cousins. I am so happy for opportunities he has to get to know them better. I grew up in a family where family was, and is, so important. It makes me happy to see M building relationships with his cousins. His older cousins took the younger kids to go play at the park... and wow, he thought that was awesome!


And, of course, M had to get in some driving time where we were in the country. Jake thoroughly enjoys showing him the ropes of country life...


Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers in my life. It is awe-inspiring to think of all the things I have learned from my different mothers. I am humbled for the blessing it is to have the title of 'Mother.' I thank Heavenly Father every day for sending me our little guy to raise. M has taught me more than I could have ever learned on my own. Love you, Little Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment