We started with the city parade. There was actually a lot of candy thrown from the floats, so M got more than enough to last him throughout the day. Don't let the picture fool you--he enjoyed the parade and the candy!
After getting some lunch, we went to watch the new Monsters University movie. It was alright. M was a little restless throughout the movie, but he did okay. It was fun to go to the theater together.
The Dunns were so kind to invite us to their BBQ that night. As always, we had a good time being with them! After the BBQ, we all headed over to a firework show put on by some of their family.
One of the little girls who was at the BBQ was so good to play with M. They had a lot of fun running around the yard at the firework show!
Thank you Dunn family for being so good to us!
How thankful I am to be an American. How thankful I am for the men and women who have given the ultimate sacrifice, and continue to put their lives on the line, in order for us to enjoy the freedoms we have. I know I don't fully understand the sacrifices they and their families make in our behalf, but I am so thankful for their decision to do so.
God bless them and the USA!
No comments:
Post a Comment