Saturday, July 13, 2013

girls' night out

A couple of times each year, the girls from the Petersen family get together. We did that last week at a baby shower for my cousin's wife, Bailey. It was a lot of fun because some of the cousins who have been living out of state, and the country, were in town. Unfortunately, we still have some who aren't in the area, and we missed you ladies (Gena, Amy, Jesse, Amanda, Katie, and Sarah)!

One thing is for sure when we all get together: there will be laughing, and there will be a LOT of it! So, of course, this gathering did not disappoint. We have some real comedians in the family.

Many stories and thoughts were shared. Lots of love was felt. Many, many, many laughs were had. Testimonies of faith and prayer were shared.

At one point during the night, the topic turned to Grandpa Pete. One of my cousins shared how she made a major life decision based on what she knew my Grandpa expected of his grandchildren. Understand, my grandfather is the kind of grandpa who will love you no matter what you are doing in life. And these "expectations" have never been vocalized per say. Yet as his grandchildren, we all knew that he, and my Grandma, expected us to make good decisions. Through his and my Grandma's examples, and the testimonies they have shared with us in conversations over the years, we knew their hopes and expectations for us.

Along with that, the older cousins have been wonderful examples of making good choices and living their lives in a way that is consistent with those "expectations." I have thought a lot about that conversation this week. It is a blessing to be in a family with high expectations.

I think it is safe to say we all enjoyed ourselves. We left at 1 AM, and the party was still going! 











Love, love, love these women! I will be forever grateful for the influence they have played in my life. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like SO much fun! Wish we could have been there! I'm heading to Utah next week and will be there for most of the month of August! We'll have to get together sometime. I won't have a car so it might be tricky but I'd love to see you guys! Love all the Petersen gals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, yes, lets all get together! I would love that! Let us know when you get here!!!

    ReplyDelete