Sunday, March 17, 2013

M and his ZZZs


Lately we have had some funny moments with M and his sleeping...or lack of sleeping. Now I realize that to most people, these moments probably seem uneventful. I'm okay with that. I know I am biased because I'm the Mom, but I really quite enjoy these moments; I actually find them quite funny. Some of these moments are "habits" I don't want him to get into, so I have to look away so that he doesn't see me laughing. Oh, but they're funny. He is funny. Lucky for you, I caught a few of these moments on camera which I will now share.

One of the things he has started doing is to hide under his covers while in bed... like so...  Notice how his stomach is not hidden by the blankets? Shh, don't tell him! 


When I go into his room after he wakes up, he pulls the covers over him. I can hear him laughing with excitement under the covers. I then play along saying, "Where is Mr. M? Where did he go?" I then proceed to ask if he is in the closet, or under the bed, etc. All the while, he is laughing because I "can't seem to find him." Finally I go over to him and pull off the covers, and he loses it! He starts laughing hysterically. So funny. It makes my heart leap with joy.

Next, he has started to get out of bed after I have put him down. When he first transitioned to his "big boy bed," he never got out after I had put him down. After a few weeks he discovered he could get out of bed and play, instead of going to sleep. He doesn't get out too often, but when he does, I just go into his room and put him back into his bed without saying much. Not a big deal. Lately, however, when I go into his room to put him back into his bed, I catch him getting into mischief. See what he is playing with in the picture below?


He is playing with a little baby swing, that was folded and put away. The little guy found it, pulled it out to the center of his room, and was trying to swing on it. (Notice how the actual seat of the swing is NOT on the swing.) Thankfully he didn't break it. After finding him like that, I just had to take a picture. Ha, the look on his face when I walked in was P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S. It was a look that said, "I bet you're wondering what I am doing. And I'm probably supposed to be in bed. And there is a perfectly logical explanation as to what I am doing."

Needless to say, that is one of those moments where I had to look away and laugh as I tried to nonchalantly put him back in bed.

The same goes for the next picture which I took at 11:30 PM! Jake and I thought he was sleeping. I went in to check on him, and he was peacefully asleep. I went back into our bedroom, and a few minutes later I heard noise coming from M's room and noticed his light was on. What?! I opened the door, only to find him frantically crawling under the bed. Really? I quickly motioned to Jake to come see what he was doing. By that time, M was entirely under the bed. After a minute or so, he ventured out from under the bed, which is what the picture below is of.



One of my favorite things he does when he sleeps is that he has to have all of his "friends" with him. His friends are (in L-R order in the picture): Teddy, Doggy, Ducky, Ra-ra, and Monkey. He won't go to bed until they are all tucked in with him. I love to watch him sleep, he looks so peaceful! He gives them loves and kisses when they wake up. He also asks that I give them kisses as well when they wake up. My favorite is when he asks Jake to give his friends loves... Jake "loves" it and is a good sport to do is most of the time!


Now we really are blessed because M is a great sleeper. He really is doing well in his "big boy bed."
I think he is just exploring his new-found freedom now that he is done with the crib. He is good to keep us on our toes! We love you little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment