Wednesday, August 26, 2015

girls camp 2015


Girls camp is the best.

We spent the last week in May at Heber Valley Girls Camp as a recently, newly formed stake.
The surroundings were absolutely beautiful. 
We got rained on pretty much every day, but we were happy!
(it probably helped that there were cabins to sleep in, not tents!)




The stake young women leaders made sure our stake presidency had matching cat shirts for each new day of camp! How generous :)



"What happens in Esther, stays in Esther!" Except for, what if what happens in Esther doesn't stay in Esther?
I love the conversations of the young women at camp at night...especially with so many new beehives. 



Sleep deprived leaders. We were at that point when anything was funny--clearly. (just missing sweet Sis. Dunn who was out on a rotation with the 4th years...)






 
 There was such a special spirit present in the camp. As you drive up the mountain to get to the camp, after the last bend, you are hit with a precious sight of flags waving in the wind--one for each of the young women values in its designated color. I will never forget how that sight took my breath away and filled me with the spirit. It gave me goosebumps all over! The picture doesn't do it justice.


With all the fun and laughter that takes place at camp, I know that testimonies are built and strengthened, and miracles happen. I witnessed all of these things while I was there.

I am so thankful I could go up for a few days. I had to leave a day early to get back to the kids so I missed the testimony meeting, which I was really sad about. But I have to be honest, I was sooooo ready to get back to my babies. I was exhausted on the drive home but my adrenaline to get back to them kept me plenty awake! M was disappointed to see me--me getting back meant cousin time was over. Baby J made up for his lack of enthusiasm. She had a new trick to show me that she learned while I was away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment