Sunday, January 11, 2015

the night before Christmas

Jake had to work Christmas Eve, but thankfully he was finished by around 2 pm. That morning the kids and I ran to the store to get a few last minute items. After the store, our good friends Raechel and Randy stopped by to stay hi; they were passing through the area. We convinced them to wait until Jake got home from work, so they ended up staying for a few hours. It was fun to have them! 

After they left, Jake and I worked on Christmas Eve dinner. We had ham, "funeral" potatoes, rolls, salad, and sparkling cider. This was the first ham Jake and I have ever bought/made in our marriage... Let's just say we learned a lot! The ham wasn't a total disaster, but it definitely wasn't Martha Stewart worthy either! I think our biggest problem was that we didn't have a roasting pan that was big enough...I kind of didn't think that one through until it was time to cook the ham...woops. Live and learn!

After dinner, we had a little lesson on the true meaning of Christmas. Here is Jake explaining the Christmas story using our nativity scene.

The kids opening up their pjs from Jake and I. 

Sweet baby J hangin' out under the tree


M was pretty excited to leave out cookies for Santa!

It was a wonderful Christmas Eve. So thankful to have spent it with Jake and the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment