Friday, January 24, 2014

"check it out my new car"


M had a birthday this month. He turned 3. I still find it hard to believe he can be that old, but he is. He is at such a fun stage; I wish I could freeze time. But I can't. So instead I'll have to write about what I want to remember. 

My nephew, Kehl, got a little tikes toy car for Christmas. Long story short, M was OBSESSED with it. Christmas day was a little rough when M realized this was not a car that Santa had brought for him, but rather, it was Kehl's car. Lucky for M, Kehl was a trooper to share it with him throughout the day.

So a few weeks later, when we were looking for a birthday gift for M, we eventually decided on a car like Kehl's. And, um, wow. Thank goodness we did. That car is M's baby. He used to come see me as soon as he would wake up. Now he goes straight for the car each morning. He spend hours, literally HOURS, in that thing each day. Often times when I ask him what he is doing while in the car he responds, "Just on a drive with Janice." Janice, fyi, is his imaginary cousin...


 He loves to show it off, to me, in particular (probably because I'm the one he is with all day...) Constantly he asks me, "Mom, you want to come check it out my new car?!!" Yesterday, no joke, he asked me at least 75 times. Tidbit annoying, yes, but he just asks so sweetly and excitedly that it is hard to turn him down. So, many times throughout the day, I say, "Sure, let's go look at it!" To which he then runs and points to it and says, "It's right there!"

I then say, "How cool!" or "Whoa! Pretty neat!"

I then ask one or two of the following, "How do you start it?" "What color is it?" "Where do you fill it up with gas?" "How does the horn work?" To which he happily responds and shows me. We do the same thing over and over and over again. Yet, every time, he still smiles as if he had just won the lottery when I go "check it out his new car."


 The best is when he tells me who gave it to him, "Daddy-O!" Not mom, not dad, but always Daddy-O. 

Too cute. Love this little boy.


1 comment:

  1. Beckett got that car for his birthday last year and he's the same way! It's the most used toy in our house for sure. McKay sure is a cutie! I hope he had a fun birthday!

    ReplyDelete