Each year the community we live in has a dinner, costume parade, trunk-or-treat, and then a movie to celebrate Halloween. Being our first Halloween in the area, we decided to go and had quite an enjoyable time. Jake and I were asked to help with the costume parade and cooking the burgers. We had a good time and were able to get to know some of our neighbors better.
We dressed M as a garden gnome. I left making his hat until the last minute and didn't realize that the green felt I bought to make it, and his red shirt, along with his beard, made him look more like a Christmas elf than a gnome once the hat was ready. It was okay, though, he didn't mind!
As a side note, I have to tell you how wonderful Jake is. See the picture below? I was busy trying to get the awards made for the costume parade that I was low on time for making the hat. Jake is really good with measurements and building things, so I asked him what he thought the best way would be to make a cone-shaped hat for M's costume. He started to try and figure it out and just took the whole project over. He was such a big help! Doesn't he look good just crafting away?!
Here are some pictures of the costume parade. I was quite impressed with the originality and creativity of a lot of the costumes.
There is M below in the far left with the red shirt. He is with my friend, Donna. He refused to wear his beard and hat for the parade, so there ya go.
Anyways, it was fun to go and see where he works. All of his co-workers and the rest of the employees were very kind and sweet to the trick-or-treaters. M got way too much candy, but it was okay. Jake and I helped him out with that!
I think M "gets" what Halloween is now. It was a fun week of Halloween festivities!
I love the gnome idea. Too bad you couldn't get a picture of McKay and Dallas together as gnomes. Sounds like such a fun Halloween!
ReplyDelete