Sunday, September 22, 2013
new york, new york--9/11 Memorial
Things I don't want to forget about the memorial:
* As can be expected, the security on the memorial was unbelievable. We went through check, after check, after check to ensure the memorial and the visitors were kept safe.
* It felt like a sacred place. There was an unbelievable spirit there of sadness and reverence.
* The story of the Survivor Tree. The tree was found in the rubble, after the attacks, in the plaza of the World Trade Center. It was taken to another spot and nourished back to health, and then replanted in its original spot. Such a poignant symbol for the survivors of that day.
*It was unreal to see all of the names of those who lost their lives in the attacks. I knew it was a big number, but something about seeing all of the names in person--it seemed to make it clearer as to how many lives were actually lost.
*Seeing all of the names also made it harder to comprehend how humans could do this to so many other human beings. I cannot understand how many lives were lost simply because of hate.
* The waterfall memorials, which are placed in the same spots as were the Twin Towers, were stunning. Simply put, they were beautiful.
So few words for all of the things I felt. God bless the USA.
Labels:
vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment