As I look at this picture, I chuckle at how much we thought we knew each other on that day. And at how in shape we were... Okay, but really, we were just newbies. And truthfully, we still are newbies when it comes to marriage--especially in the eternal perspective.
The last four years, with all the stresses and struggles of life, have been wonderful with Jake.
He is giving. He is patient. He is exceptionally hard-working. He is a wonderful father. He is fun.
And lest you think he is perfect--he isn't. (Although he is currently reading Pride and Prejudice with me, so he is pretty darn close...) But, to your surprise, neither am I! So it works out okay. I will say, though, I know he is a perfect match for me.
And lest you think he is perfect--he isn't. (Although he is currently reading Pride and Prejudice with me, so he is pretty darn close...) But, to your surprise, neither am I! So it works out okay. I will say, though, I know he is a perfect match for me.
Richard G. Scott once said, "Marriage provides an ideal setting for overcoming any tendency to be selfish or self-centered." I agree with that wholeheartedly. It takes continual effort to not be selfish in a marriage. With that said, I also know it is worth the effort to overcome tendencies or habits that can be hurtful to a marriage relationship.
I am thankful every day to be married for time and all eternity to my Jake. I'm so lucky he would choose me!
And now that I'm an expert and all (ha ha, I wish), here is my marriage advice for the day:
Expressions of Love


You two look great. I love that quote- it is so true.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary you two!
ReplyDelete