Tuesday, August 30, 2016

moment of arrival

Hi again. It's been awhile! So much has happened since I wrote last, but I'll play catch up later. Right now I'm going to jump ahead. I want to remember this moment of time in our lives.

Back in March, Jake received his acceptance letter into the MBA program at Brigham Young University. To say we were excited is an understatement. This was something that we have been working towards for years.

Here is the acceptance letter when it arrived in the mail (we lived in a basement apartment, so our upstairs neighbors would slide our mail under the door...)

A few days before the actual letter came, he received an email telling him that he had been accepted. I was at my parent's house when he saw it. He called and told me to check his email. I knew it had to have been something about school. When I read what it said, I couldn't help but shed a few tears. WE HAD BEEN ACCEPTED!

Long story short: Jake had his last day of work in July, we moved closer to campus, and now he is full-swing into classes.

I am so proud of Jake, and all of his hard work and sacrifices to get here. They have been endless. We feel incredibly humbled and thankful to Heavenly Father for helping us, and providing the way for us, to be at this point. 

I have been thinking about how we each have our own journey in life--a journey that is so individually unique. With these journeys, there are these sweet and awesome 'moments of arrival.' Moments that have been worked for, sacrificed for, waited for, and prayed for. The last couple of weeks have been one of those 'moments or arrival' for our family.

Two weeks ago, Jake started orientation for the MBA program. It was so fun to have him come home each day and hear how the day had gone. A couple of times as he was telling me what he had been learning , I had to hold back tears. I was just so excited and in awe of the reality of what was happening, at this 'moment of arrival.'

Classes started this week. We knew it was going to be hard and busy, and already, we are feeling that. There are many experiences ahead (good and bad), but we are so thankful for the opportunity to do it here at Brigham Young University.

I'll end with the video they sent Jake with his acceptance email. This was from an orientation a couple or so years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment